Tuesday, August 31, 2010

"I feel clean"

Remember when I was talking about how my kids were being turds and picking on the SPED kids?  Well yesterday they apologized.  They apologized to the teacher and the kids.  After it was said and done one kid said he felt clean.  That wasn't what I was going for but it's a start.

The fire alarm went off today during 1st period.  When it went off so did the air.  It knocked the air out completely on my hall.  It was so stinkin' hot.  My kids and I lasted all of 5 minutes.  We packed up and moved to cooler ground.  We weren't going to make it, especially with 32 bodies in the room.

My 7th period had to learn a lesson in tolerance today.  I don't understand why kids feel like they have to pick on SPED kids.  There's a little girl in my 7th period who thinks everybody in that class is her best friend.  The other kids normally do well with her but today they showed their irritation with her.  I had her "sent" to the office so I could talk to the class about their behavior.  Most of them adjusted their attitudes but there were 2 girls that just continued to be rude.  They just did it where Susie (not her real name) couldn't hear.  The bell rang before I could tell them what I really thought about them and their nasty attitudes.  They'll have a major adjustment by the end of class Thursday.

Volleyball practice is kicking my butt! I think I'm more tired than the girls.  Man!  We have tough schedule this week but we'll do fine.  They got that 1 win under their belt so they have a little extra confidence. 

Have I mentioned the THREE DAY WEEKEND that's coming up? Well, there's a THREE DAY WEEKEND coming up.  Who's excited? ME!  I will not think about school.  I will not grade papers. I will not do lesson plans.  I WILL enjoy my THREE DAY WEEKEND.

No comments:

Post a Comment