Monday, August 16, 2010

"You got 10 toes?"

Today, during a random conversation with my repeaters, the topic of fingers and toes came up.
Kid 1: "That's why you got 6 toes."
Me (trying to diffuse the situation): "So what? I have 10 toes."
Kid 2 (thoroughly shocked, appalled, and confused): "You got 10 toes???? What?"
Me: *blank stare*

I wish I could make this stuff up.  The second week of school started pretty smoothly.  There were only a few lost 9th graders but for the most part everybody made it to their classes on time.  My 9th graders were pretty calm today.  I guess they're still warming up.

As I mentioned in my previous post I had my kids write where they imagined themselves in 10 years and what I could do to help them.... Yeah... Let's just say everybody wants to be a rapper or a sports star.  They all want me to pass them.  That would help them.  Sigh...  I also had them write their interests.  Some of those are silly. Below are a few examples. Oh and this is their spelling, not mine.

What do you imagine yourself doing 10 from now?
"automobille work and money"
"Nouhing"
"National Football League"
"In the NFL giving shout outs to my loved ones"
"Living a happy, Christian life"
"Being a pedertrician"
"lawyer or doctor with 2 cars and a condo"
"Be a millionaire"
"Being secessful makeing money"
"Playing in the NBA for the bucks"
"Nun much being the same"
"At a job"
"Fiances"
"Being a millionaire with a mansion and a lambo"
"being called one of the best wide recievers in the NFL"
"Being a dental hygientist or a OBGYN"
"None sittin up countin stacks"
"Cowboy"

Is there anything I can do to help you achieve this goal?
"free grades"
"nun but teach"
"Don't give me a bad grade so I can play"
"Being the best teacher without the bad attitude"
"Help me become smarter"
"You can give me a million dollars, but I know you not stupid."
"Pray for me!"
"Be my wife and motovation"
"Give me some money"
"Buy me a horse"
"I do not see myself from ten years now"

What are your interests?
"Girls and school"
"Gettin money"

If this is the future, I don't want to go! LOL. I've got my work cut out for me this year but I love a good challenge. Pray for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment