Monday, August 23, 2010

Teamwork on three!

We had our 1st volleyball game today and my girls played well.  We lost the match 3-1 but they didn't give up easy.  They fought hard and for that I'm proud.  If you saw us play last year you would have been proud too.  LOL.  They look so much better.  I'm looking forward to this season!  We have our 1st district game Wednesday so if you're free Wednesday at 5, come cheer us on!

I didn't go to school today because I was in a meeting with a Central Office person.  I forgot her title.  Anyway, we had to work on the Language Arts Framework and fix it up to where it was a little easier to get the information needed to teach English.  I had no idea some of that stuff was even on there.  Of course I've read it but like I said a lot of that stuff was difficult to find or was unclear.  It's gonna be nice to have everything in one place.

While at the meeting, I had the chance to meet some of the other English and reading teachrs in the district.  We were grouped according to grade and subject so I was with the 9th grade teachers (duh).  One of them was telling us about the day she went over compound nouns.  One of her kids told her director was a compound noun.  The teacher was trying to explain to the student that it wasn't.  The student argued with her saying that it was 2 words.  Y'all ready for this? DIRECT-OR.  LOL!!!  She was right when she said it was 2 words but a compound noun is 2 or more NOUNS.  Poor thing...  When the teacher told me I couldn't even laugh.  I just wanted to go find that child and give her a hug.

That's it for today.  I'm tired.  The gym we played in today didn't have a lick of air conditioning.  Yes I said a lick of.  It was cooler outside.  I have never sweated so hard standing still.  I drank 3 bottles of water by the second game.  My girls went through a case of water and a case of Gatorade.  It was ridiculously hot.  They ought to be ashamed making those girls suffer like that.  Dern gym had its own heat advisory going on.  LOL.
It was HOT!  Ok, I'm leaving for real now.  Remember to click on some ads and adopt my class!

No comments:

Post a Comment