Wednesday, September 22, 2010

When does the moon change?

This full moon stuff ain't no joke!  The kids have lost their freakin minds!!  I can't even begin to tell you everything that happened in the past 2 days.  All I can say is I'm tired.  I've had to kick a girl off the volleyball team, sent 13 kids to the chicken coop, calm a lot of testy attitudes before they became monster problems, and diffuse several situations.  It's ONLY Wednesday and tomorrow is pep rally day.  If y'all hear a scream, it's me.  Just call the people to come get me because I've lost it.

Yesterday, was the Algebra I retest and I had to proctor.  That was the longest day of my life.  My room was almost finished testing but they brought in 10 more kids for me to watch.  *sigh*  Luckily, the counselors felt it in their hearts to relieve me so I could go get my children.   I was worn slap out after that. 

My 5th period class handled all of the state test room changes like champions.  All the other kids were running around lost and confused.  Not my 5th period.  Somebody told them that they couldn't come to my class because of testing but they didn't tell them where to go.  So they went to lunch.  They knew that when the bell rang they were supposed to go to lunch and that's what they did.  When I made it to the cafeteria they were in there with their trays and backpacks eating lunch.  LOL.  I was so proud of them for doing what they knew to do.  Then today they messed it up.  I had to take care of an issue today so I sent my kids to lunch and went to take care of the issue.  Well, I get to the cafeteria to find 2 of my boys had gotten into a little altercation.  I had to take back everything good that I had said about them yesterday.  When we made it back to class I let them know that I was disappointed in them for their behavior today.  They promised a change for tomorrow.

My brain is tired and I can't remember all of yesterday and today's events.  If I remember them tomorrow I'll talk about them then.  The 1st 2 months of school wear me out.  Good night! Remember to click on the links to help teachers out!

No comments:

Post a Comment