Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"Miss G, you fat!"

Today, during 4th period, one of my kids felt the need to tell me that I was fat.  I knew my shirt was a little fitted but dang.  I'm glad I don't have a self esteem issue.  You can't have self esteem issues if you're a teacher.  Kids are super honest and will tell you any and everything wrong with you.  My kids are good at it because I'm the same way with them.  It's funny how students sometimes pick up on a teacher's habits, ticks, and tendencies.  I've been told my kids act like me.  I don't know if that's good or bad...

Last week I saw one of my former students as she was trying to re enroll in school.  This child had some issues.  I mean serious diagnosed issues.  They finally figured out what was wrong with her and got her some help.  Anyway, I saw her and she spoke but I didn't even recognize her.  She looked sane.  When she was in my class she looked like a wild child.  I was actually happy to see her because I liked her and all her personalities.  I was sad disappointed when she got in trouble and couldn't come back to school.  I had just talked to her about controlling herself and we had worked on a signal to let me know when she was losing control and everything.  My Friday was ruined when she got in trouble.  I'm glad to see her looking like somebody and getting it together.

My girls lost their game tonight 3 games to 2.  We just couldn't pull it out in game 5.  It was a disappointing loss because it was a district game.  The good news is that everybody in our district is 1-0 in the district so we still have a chance to make it to the district championship.  We're just going to have to practice hard and play harder.

Today has been a day.  Everything was rushed and I'm feeling it now.  It's time for bed.  Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment