Thursday, September 30, 2010

They just didn't want it

Last night was our last regular season volleyball game.  It was the qualifying game for the district playoffs.  My girls knew that we needed to win in order to go to the playoffs.  The game started at 5 and at 6 we were getting back on the bus with our heads lowered.  They did not play at all.  They gave the other team 2nd place.  They just didn't want it.  We could have easily had 1st place but instead we ended up 3rd out 3 teams.  It's like they're content with losing.  I will never understand a losing mentality.  Apparently they do. Next year... 

The other day I was bragging on my 6th and 7th period classes.  Well... I take it back.  They did good for a minute then they forgot how they were supposed to act.  Monday I had to leave early because of our volleyball game and 7th period showed their behind.  They were so bad that nobody wanted to come watch them Wednesday when I had to leave.  I was fuming.  I had to beg somebody to watch my class Wednesday.  Before I left I dared them to talk and threatened them with severe punishment.  When I got done fussing their eyes were buck and they were afraid.  Another teacher was walking by my room as I was fussing.  She said she was coming to tell me something but when she saw me fussing she decided against it.  She said she was scared and she didn't do anything. LOL.  6th period wasn't as bad.  They were just a little more talkative than I would have liked.  Nothing a few detentions won't handle.

Now that volleyball season is over I don't know what to do with myself.  I left school at 4:10 today.  I haven't left school before 6:30 in 2 months.  I'll finally have some energy to do stuff now.  I might even start cooking! LOL yeah right. 

We ran out of hand sanitizer today.  I ordered some with my EEF money (the money we get every year to buy supplies) but they said I couldn't order hand sanitizer saying it's not necessary to education or some bs like that.  My theory is if the kids are sick then they can't learn because they're not at school.  Therefore hand sanitizer is necessary to kill the germs that make kids sick and have to miss school.  Now I have to spend my own money to buy sanitizer to last us until May.  I'll be hitting up Sam's this weekend.  9th graders are already germy.  They need sanitizer!

The 1st 9 weeks is over.  9 weeks exams are next week  Where did the 1st 9 weeks go?! I didn't realize it was 9 weeks exam time until my kids asked me about it the other day.  I just knew I had another week or so.  Next 9 weeks, I'll be ready.

My posts have been sporadic this week.  I've had so much going on and I've been worn slap out.  I should be back to posting regularly now since volleyball season is over.  I'm still upset about that.  I'll just prepare for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment