Thursday, September 9, 2010

Progress Report Day

Today was a sad day in Room 300 for a lot of my kids. Today was DUM DUM DUM! Progress report day. My 3rd period was the most distraught. They pouted the whole class period because they had C averages. They even asked to do extra credit and actually did it! That's why I love that class so much. That and the fact that it's my smallest class. We can do more stuff in that class.

Guess who got 2 new students in both of her largest classes? ME! I don't have anymore chairs to put the new kids. I was told that I was getting desks but 33 desks is a lot of desks to squeeze in one classroom. My 3rd period only has 20 kids. Why not put the kids there? Or in 4th period with 24? Why in my largest most vocal classes? I think the counselors have it out for me. And I can say that because they read my blog;). My kids warned me about one of the girls. They said she was gangsta. Great... Just what I need... Another thug.

We've been in school for 4 weeks and my kids have already begun to pick up on my moods and adjust their behavior. My morning got off to a crazy start. Murphy's Law was definitely in action. I dropped my breakfast on the floor, almost fell down the stairs, my car wouldn't crank, I was late, didn't get my copies made because I was rushing, etc. Needless to say I was a little flustered this morning when I got to school. My kids came in and did the usual "good morning Miss Griffin" and asking a million questions. When they noticed I wasn't my chipper self they backed off and asked if I was sick. I explained that I was having a morning and they said they were sorry and left me alone. They were quiet and patient while I got myself together. I'm glad I have good kids. If I didn't I'd still be running crazy now.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Room 300 but I have to tell somebody. I'm in grad school working on my Masters. The lady next to me, who has to be over 40, has bushy armpits. She should know better! Ok, sorry.

A lot of the kids I teach are also athletes. I think it's great that they participate in extracurricular activites. However, I don't think it's great when they SMELL like they participate in extracurricular activites. Man when 9th graders stink, they STINK. I've almost banned them from bringing their cleats and other equipment and clothes in my room. I can't stand that mildew smell. It violates my nose.

Tomorrow is Friday which means it's the weekend! Woop! Woop!

No comments:

Post a Comment