Thursday, September 23, 2010

"She just snapped on me!"

Today a kid came into class with a hat on her head.  I asked her to remove it and that's when everything went downhill.
Me: "Remove the hat please."
Her: "None of my other teachers said anything about my hat."
Me (thoroughly confused) "I didn't ask you about your other teachers.  I said remove the hat."
Her: "I was just telling you."
Me (still confused) "I don't want to converse about the hat. I just want you to remove it. That's that."
Her: "Well maybe I wanted to talk about it."
Me: (blood pressure rising) "You can get out of my room. I don't deal with smart aleck disrespectful children."
Her (all of a sudden turning sweet) "But why do I have to leave?"
Me: "Oh now you wanna be sweet?"
Her: "But what did I do? I took the hat off."
Me: "Why are you still here?"

All she had to do was take the hat off but noooooooo, she wanted to discuss the hat, roll her eyes, and have an attitude.  As a result she was sent to ISD and she missed her test today.  When will they learn...

My 5th period "bodyguards" didn't walk me back from lunch today which was weird.  Usually when we walk back to lunch I have 3 boys that walk with me, one walks in front of me and one on each side.  I don't know why they do it but they do.  I just noticed it maybe last week.  When we get back to the building one of them opens the door while the other 2 stand aside and let me through the door.  Then they get back in formation.  It's hilarious.  One of my "bodyguards" is my Asperger's student.  He's the one in the front. LOL

The moon is still full and the kids are still acting accordingly.  With that being said I'm going to bed. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment