Sunday, September 12, 2010

"Miss G, I feel like Li'l Wayne"

We had volleyball practice tonight and the girls surprised me with cake, ice cream, and a gift card.  Yay!  The whole process of surprising me wasn't as easy as they thought.  They picked the 2 goofiest girls on the team to keep me out of the gym and of course they didn't do their job.  It was funny though.  I pretended I was surprised anyway.  The cake was huge with all of their names on it.  My manager was obviously feeling musical today because she told me felt like Li'l Wayne.  He has a song with a line that goes something like, "it ain't my birthday but my name still on the cake."  LOL. I rolled my eyes. 

Friday, my 6th period pissed me off to the highest level of pisstivity if that's even a word.  They have a test coming up and I was trying to review them for it.  Did they want to review? No.  Did they even pretend? No.  They sat there and had their own little conversations and told jokes all while I was trying to review.  So I politely sat at my desk for the remainder of class.  I gave them the "You're in high school and grades count toward graduation, blah, blah, blah speech" and told them I was done.  Are they going to pass their test next week? No.  Are they going to be sad because they made bad grades? Yes.  Some kids just have to learn the hard way. 

Tomorrow is my birthday! Woop! Woop!  My favorite administrator gave me desks for my classroom for my birthday.  No more raggedy tables! Yay!  And I have enough desks for the gajillion kids I have.  Now we can move around in the room without tripping over stuff or people.  I'm really excited.

There won't be a post tomorrow because I'm taking the day off.  See ya Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment