Friday, October 15, 2010

"Yo momma hair so short..."

"...she gotta roll her hair with rice." LOL!  You guessed it, more hyperboles.  Today's group weren't as funny as the previous days. 

Yesterday I got evaluated during 7th period and they were their usual selves.  During class discussion time one of the kids obviously forgot that we had company and said something completely off the wall.
Me: "What do you consider to be the most dangerous game?"
Kid: "Basketball."
Me: "Why do you say that's the most dangerous game?"
Kid: "Cuz you can jam your finger if you catch the ball wrong, get elbowed in the face, and get your nuts stepped on."
Me:  *blank stare* "You remember how we talked about over sharing? Well that was 1 of those times."

My Asperger's kid participated in class discussion today!  He raised his hand and volunteered to read his paragraph that he had written.  I was super excited and so were the other kids.  I didn't see his hand raised because he barely raised it.  The kids were like, "Miss G, Billy* has something to say."  I was like what?  He got nervous because all the kids were focused on him but he did well.  I'm so proud.

Not much has really happened these past 2 days, which is a good thing.  Don't forget about the book drive!  We're collecting books, cds, and DVDs to help raise money for the football and basketball facilities.  If you have any books, cds, and DVDs you want to get rid of please contact me.  You can leave a comment here, call me, text me, Facebook me, tweet me, email me, whatever.  I'll come pick up the stuff or I can meet you somewhere.  Since I coach volleyball and we play in the gym I want to help as much as possible.  It costs you nothing but maybe a little gas.  You'll be getting rid of some clutter!  Thanks!

Also the volleyball team is selling tickets to the Belk charity sale for $5.  Let me know if you want to buy 1 or 10.  You can ask me or a volleyball girl.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment