Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"Yo momma booty so stanky..."

"...How stanky is it?"
*laughter erupts*
Me: "That's it? Where's the rest of it?"
*more laughter*
Me: "Seriously, I don't get it."

Sometimes I think that my kids are quite crazy.  Second period was doing their lesson on hyperbole and pun yesterday and they were sooooo silly.  They couldn't get through a single joke without cracking up.  The ones they did get through didn't make any sense.  "Yo momma so hairy, when she squeezed her boob play dough came out."  What?!  He explained that on an episode of "Family Guy" that all of Peter's hair fell out and he made a comment about being made of play dough so he could just make some more hair.  Peter then proceeded to squeeze play dough out of his head.  *sigh*

At the end of everyday I pick up random pieces of paper off the floor and read them.  Yesterday I found 2 good notes.  One of them was a rap.  Yeah, I know. Everybody wants to be a rapper.  I'm not talent agent or a rap expert but I know what this child wrote wasn't good. 
I am very boring so all the whoes be snorring.  I (bad word) so many hoes I got wetness on my peanus.
After I read the 1st line I was done.  I laughed really hard.  I spelled it just like he did.  This is sadly funny.  I don't know who wrote it but I have an idea.  I'm going to talk to him tomorrow once I get the giggles out.  The other note I wrote was equally as bad.
Boy: "So Susie* wat do I look like now?"
          A. Ugly
          B. Cute
          C. Alright
Girl: *circles C*
Boy: "So if I find somebody that u can hook me up with would u do it for me I got u $5 Friday! And that's on 5."
Girl: "I guess but im goin tuh sleep bye!"

LOL! Why is he trying pay for a girlfriend?  Why did he give her ABC choices? What is wrong with these children???  So many questions...

Every year I have a kid or 2 that tries their hand at roasting me.  Today one of my kids told me that I was breathing like a fat person.  Keep in mind that I was demonstrating something that required some extra energy.  Last night at the 9th grade game he kept jumping off sides costing the team yards.  I politely reminded him that at least I knew which side of the line of scrimmage I was supposed to be on and I knew when I was supposed to move.  He dropped his mouth and the kids exploded.  He was like, "how do you know about that?" and all this other jazz.  I told him that I'm not the one to talk about because I don't play fair.  He laughed and we joked back a forth for a minute while everybody was finishing up their writing assignment.  His classmates told him to just quit.  LOL

My 7th period has really been impressing me this week.  They are really getting into the class discussion and reading.  They're quiet and they are deep thinkers.  The quotes that we respond to aren't necessarily the easiest quotes to interpret but they are doing great.  Today we talked about a distorted view of the idea of survival of the fittest.  The quote was "Life is for the strong, to be lived by the strong, and if need be taken by the strong.  The weak of the world were put here to give the strong pleasure." I asked them what it meant, if they agreed, why or why  not?  Their responses were really good.  One kid put it in terms of men being strong, women being weak.  Women were put here for men's pleasure.  Then he threw in his own interpretation of the Bible by saying women are supposed to please their husbands.  If they don't they're sinning.  That sparked a major discussion. Those girls were mad.  One kid pulled out his Bible and told him that that was not what that verse said.  I was like wow.  Some of them disagreed because of abuse, bullying, friends committing suicide.  They didn't think that those victims were put here just to be bullied and abused.  They really opened up today.  Of course we didn't get too deep into anybody's business but we shared enough to make them feel comfortable discussing. 

Don't forget about the book drive!  We're collecting books, cds, and DVDs to help raise money for the football and basketball facilities.  If you have any books, cds, and DVDs you want to get rid of please contact me.  You can leave a comment here, call me, text me, Facebook me, tweet me, email me, whatever.  I'll come pick up the stuff or I can meet you somewhere.  Since I coach volleyball and we play in the gym I want to help as much as possible.  It costs you nothing but maybe a little gas.  You'll be getting rid of some clutter!  Thanks!

Also the volleyball team is selling tickets to the Belk charity sale for $5.  Let me know if you want to buy 1 or 10.  You can ask me or a volleyball girl.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment