Wednesday, December 1, 2010

"We don't know what you packing!"

Today my repeaters were discussing the hostage situation in Wisconsin that happened Monday.  I asked them what they thought caused him to do this since the papers haven't said what triggered this.  I then asked them what, if anything, would cause them to want to hold their teachers and/or classmates hostage.  They said nothing is that serious to them.  They asked me if I was afraid that would happen to me and what would I do if it did.  I'm not afraid and if it did happen I'd call on Jesus.  Toward the end of the discussion one of them made this comment.  "Miss G, you ain't got to worry about us holding you hostage.  We don't know what you packing!"  LOL!  It's good that they recognize my gangster.  Ha!

Today was rather boring.  We had class in the library today because of the state test retest so my kids were a little off today.  They don't do change well. 

Yesterday was the English II retest and a few of the kids were really nervous as well they should be.  All state tests have to be passed before a kid can graduate high school.  A lot of the kids testing were seniors.  How would you feel if you were a senior on the verge of not graduating because you couldn't pass the state test?  Well obviously some of my coworkers failed to understand this yesterday.  They were downright rude and ugly to one particular student during her meltdown.  It took all I had to hold my tongue.  As an educator, you should be concerned with your students.  It doesn't matter what type of behavioral issues the child has had in the past or how you feel about the child personally.  You should encourage all of them.  Maybe if she was being encouraged from the beginning instead of being written off as a "drama queen" she wouldn't have nervous breakdowns before the test.  I understand she has made a reputation for herself but she still needs her teachers, counselors, and administrators rallying around her encouraging her to do her best.  Standing there calling her a drama queen is not going to help her.  If I treated some of my coworkers the way I really felt about them I'd have a lot of enemies.  Ok, let me get off my soapbox.  I just get so irritated and upset when somebody is picking on my kids.  If I get this upset over my students I can only imagine how I'll be with my own kids.  Y'all better watch out!

11.6 more days until Christmas break!  Remember the book drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment