Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Stranger Danger! Stranger Danger!

So today one of my co-workers set me up.  It was time for lunch and as usual I go to the kitchen area and get my lunch out of the fridge.  As I go be-bopping in the office, there's a freakin' mouse!  A mouse!  I did what every woman would do.  I screamed, hollered, and ran.  As I'm on the verge of hysteria one of my male co-workers comes out of his classroom killing himself laughing at my hysterics.  He then proceeds to tell me that he was waiting on me to go in there so he could laugh.  What a turd!  There was a parent in the office at the time and she had to come check on me.  LOL.  He just doesn't know... He's started a war... *evil laugh*

Conversations overheard in other teacher's classes:
“Uh huh!  There are some countries where cows or chickens bark.  If you see a Spanish animal, their language changes just like the people.”

"Coach So and So, don’t some cows like produce chocolate milk?” 

"Boys run faster than girls cuz they got more stamea than girls"

Today everyone's favorite administrator was on my hall.  One of my boys had asked if he could step outside and fix his pants.  I said yes.  As the kid was adjusting or whatever it was that he was doing the administrator walks by. 
Principal: "Boy! Whatchu doing out here in this hallway?"
Kid: "I'm fixing my pants"
Principal:  "You need to get yourself together! All at school looking sloppity sloppy!"
Kids in classroom: *dying with laughter*

Most of the time my kids crack me up and provide me with endless amounts of stories and entertainment.  The past few days they've been breaking my heart.  I've got a sensitive group this year and everything affects them.  Sunday during basketball practice one of the players was in a funk.  I mean a BIG funk.  Well, he had to run punishment laps because he had gotten a detention.  He didn't want to run them.  He walked them.  Coach told him to run.  He walked a little faster and swung his arms.  Coach got onto him for being disrespectful and told him to get it together or turn in his jersey.  He took the jersey off and called his ride.  Everybody is puzzled by this because this is so out of character for him.  After practice his mom wanted to talk to the coach to find out what happened.  They talked and she said that the kid said the same thing.  She was at a loss like the rest of us were so she asked coach to talk to him.  Coach pulls kid aside and tries to talk to him.  Kid completely shuts down saying he doesn't want to talk about it because it hurts too bad.  Of course this sends up all kinds of red flags.  Coach prods him a little more and basically what happened was that his dad dropped him off at the mom's house.  The mom told the dad that they were about to leave and the dad cursed the mom out and an argument stemmed from there.  That upset the kid so bad that he couldn't practice.  He said he just couldn't get that out of his head.  I just wanted to hug him.  He's such a good kid that's trying really hard to do well in everything.  Parents, please be careful what you say in front of your kids.  It really does have an affect on them. 

That's just one instance of the sadness that's filled my heart concerning my kids.  I don't want y'all all crying reading my blog so I'll save it.  Only 7.6 more days until Christmas break!

No comments:

Post a Comment