Thursday, December 9, 2010

All is fair in war and lunch!

As I mentioned Tuesday, one of my coworkers thought it'd be a good idea to let me get eaten by a rat.  Naturally I wasn't going to let that go.  I had to get him back.  Yesterday during 7th period he left campus.  As soon as he backed out of his parking space operation "Don't mess with Griff" took flight.  I prepped my kids for the plan ahead of time so they were ready for action.  The lookouts took their places and the others began working.  All of his student desks were stacked on top of each other.  His bookcase was moved to the opposite side of the room.  The podium was put on top of the stacks of desks.  His teacher desk was moved up against the wall.  Then the words "Ha Ha" were spelled out with books.  It was great!  As class went on I kept thinking about what was done and how we could cover up the fact that it was me who did it.  Right before class ended I had my kids mess up my room really bad so it would look like both rooms were vandalized.  Well, this morning I get a phone call from the assistant principal asking if I had vandalized my room. 
Principal: "G, did you vandalize your room yesterday?"
Me:  "Why would I do that? That's silly"
Principal: "Well somebody vandalized your room."
Me: "They did what? Is it bad?"
Principal:  "It's pretty bad.  I'll just let you look at it when you get here."
Me: "Was I the only class?"
Principal:  "No, (insert name) room was hit too."
Me: "Really?"
Principal: "Yeah, we're about to go get (head principal) now and pull the tape over the last 12 hours or so."
Me:  "Is it really that bad to where we have to get (head principal) involved?"
Principal:  "Yes."
Me: *panicking slightly on the inside* No you don't have to do that. I think I know who did it."
Principal:  "Who?"
Me: "I messed up (insert name)'s room."
Principal:  "We'll talk about it when you get here."

I was going to let this go as long as I could but he just got all serious with it.  *rolling my eyes*  Anyway, I got to school and assistant principal is cracking up.  Everybody is laughing except rat teacher.  He's mad.  I mean he's pissed.  I don't know if he knew it was me at that point.  When he found out it was me he laughed a little then tried to explain himself.  I didn't really care because it was funny to me.  He pouted about it for the majority of the morning.  Hopefully he learned his lesson.  If there's a rat, tell me!!!  LOL

Yesterday was early release Wednesday aka Professional Development Day.  This was one of the better ones because it was something that we could actually use in our classrooms.  It had something to do with movement in the classroom.  I tried some of the stuff today and most of the kids enjoyed it.  I had a few that couldn't figure out what any of what we did had to do with learning or helping them learn.  I had no answer because I obviously wasn't paying attention.  Ha.  I told them it had something to do with blood flow to the brain being restricted when you're sitting too long and if you're moving around the blood can get to your brain and you can think.  I don't think they bought it.  Hey, I tried.

I got evaluated today during 4th period.  It went well considering the fact that I had no plan for the day.  Well, I did but it was the wrong plan.  My 4th period somehow got a day ahead of my other classes and I didn't realize it.  So I pull out the stuff for today and they're like "we already did this." I'm standing there looking like crap.  So I just stood up there and improvised.  The kids knew what was going on so they went with it.  It was great.  I even implemented some of the strategies we learned in the workshop.  I'm sure that got me a few high marks.  When the administrator did leave, my kids were relieved.  I guess they were tired of pretending.  LOL.  They're something else.

6.6 more days until Christmas break!  Ooo-wa! Ooo-wa!

No comments:

Post a Comment