Monday, November 1, 2010

"Don't drink the Kool-aid if you didn't fix it"

Thursday and Friday we talked about revenge.  I told them the story about how my brother and I got revenge on each other when I lived at home.  This sparked them to tell stories of the tricks they've played on their brothers and/or sisters.  One kid told a story and gave the moral at the end.  Basically her brother drank her Sprite, so she drank all the Kool-aid.  He beat her up because it was his Kool-aid.  The moral? "Don't drink the Kool-aid if you didn't fix it." 

Friday, my Asperger's student spoke in front of the class.  I told the SPED teachers and 1 of his former teachers and everybody was so excited!  He had to teach his classmates a new word.  His word was preclude or prolonged.  I don't remember.  Anyway, they kids were so quiet when he gave his word, a sentence, and the definition.  He's really coming out of his shell.  Yay!

I've got to do a better job of managing my time so I can keep up with my blog.  I did better during volleyball season.  Basketball is about to start so I'm really going to have to work.  Maybe I should get an assistant to grade all my papers for me that way I can do everything else.  Any volunteers?

Today we were reading a story about 2 brothers.  The younger brother is mentally challenged and the older brother doesn't like him.  Anyway, the older brother nicknames the kid Doodle.  He names him that because nobody expects much from someone named Doodle.  From that quote a conversation about names came up.  We discussed the story of Marijuana Pepsi Sawyer and how they would respond if they were a CEO doing some hiring.  They said they wouldn't hire her because of her name.  I asked them why.  They told me because she might be a drug head or they couldn't take her seriously.  It was rather interesting.

Remember the book drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment