Monday, August 12, 2013

Exit Slip Drama

This year I've decided to do exit slips.  Basically, I give my kids a question or 2 dealing with what we just went over in class to see if they remembered what we just learned.  Friday and Monday they had to write 4 sentences: 1 simple, 1 compound, 1 complex, and 1 compound complex.  Let's just say standardized tests are ruining our kids' ability to write.  Don't believe me?  Take a look at their sentences.

Because I forgot to close the door.
The dog was chaseing that girl.
Because I over sleept I was late getting to school.
My mom was finna cook, but she forgot to get the meat.
Although it was raing; they still walked home.
Sam went to Wendy's because it was nasty he took it back; so the chief had to recook it.
Everybody know lil boosie.
I want a pet puppinuala, but it feeds on human flesh.
Although I am use to eating seafood, I finally ate a peice of chicken, and it was suprisingly good.
She said basketball is funner, but he prefer football.
The teacher scolded him, but she although did he did not make a sound.
Whenever you go home, I will be waiting for you.
I like looking around and I like looking in deep stairs but like playing basketball.

Ok, that's enough.  Y'all... Seriously?  Can we get a senator or a congress person, or somebody to see this and get rid of standardized tests?  This is ridiculous.  I chuckled at 1st, but then it was just sad.  How are these kids in the 9th grade?  Sigh...  I've got my work cut out for me this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment