Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Prayer

I was complaining about my 6th period class to my mom the other day saying how they work my nerves and how this is the first class I've ever had that has driven me crazy blah, blah, blah.  Basically being a whiny baby.  Well, my mom is a faith talking, praying woman so she immediately asked me what scriptures I was standing on to help me deal with my kids.  Naturally, I had none.  Those heathens didn't need scriptures; they needed beat downs!  She gave me a few to say and I was kind of like yeah ok.  Anyway, she typed up a prayer for me to pray over my kids and I must say I've seen a difference in my kids, even 6th period.  That's probably because I say it twice during that class.  LOL  The prayer is taped to my podium, so I can see it every class.  I've put the prayer if you want a copy.

Heavenly Father, thank You that the eyes of my students understanding are being enlightened to know the hope that only comes from You.  I do not fight against the flesh and blood influences in my student’s lives, but against the principalities and powers that have tried to claim authority over their destiny. I rebuke the controlling tricks of the devil's activities which are used on my students. I plead the Blood of Jesus over my classes. No weapon that is form against them will prosper.
I decree that my students are no longer conforming to the patterns of this world and its false sense of identity, but are being transformed right before my very eyes. I take authority over all of the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt my students. Thank you Father that Your goodness is shown daily in their lives, because it is Your goodness that will lead them to repentance.
Thank You for a calm and peaceful learning environment.  
Thank You for placing vision in their hearts.
In Jesus’ mighty name!
Amen
I think all teachers need to say a prayer over their kids.  There is too much going on in our schools to not pray over our kids.  Print this one off if you don't know what to say.  It works!

No comments:

Post a Comment